ParentChild+ (PC+) shares our vision that Early childhood and Family Support must be about both lifelong health, readiness to succeed in school, and breaking cycles of poverty.
The ParentChild+ Model
We offer PC+ in English and Spanish. The model is a proven home visiting program focused on early childhood literacy, school readiness, and socio-emotional development.
- Trained Early Learning Specialists (ELSs) visit families twice weekly over a 2-year period while their child is age 2-4.
- ELSs model quality parent-child interactions, introduce play activities, and connect families to community resources.
- Families also receive a free book or educational toy and support weekly, building a library of high-quality books and educational toys across a total of 92 visits.
Research of the PC+ model demonstrates children who participate in PC+ are:
- 50% more likely to be prepared for kindergarten than socio-economic peers,
- 50% less likely to be referred to special education services,
- Reading and doing math on grade level in third grade,
- And achieving a graduation rate 30% higher than a control group!
- When families graduate, they gain access to one of our 5 Star rated Immersion Preschools, the critical next health and educational step, breaking the cycle of poverty for low-income families.